Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The story of a grad student - 1

"I really am floating in indecision. I like that phrase, I bet no one.....". "Bhaaaaaaskar", called out someone interrupting Bhaskar's thought flow and inducing an irritation in him. He was already pained with the way his life and research was headed and wanted to be left alone. But no.. Vani had spotted him proceeding out of the university and there he was waving to her. He waited as she half-hopped, half-walked the steps of the Information systems building and accosted him with a smile. Ah...that smile, it was a little silly but a really warm one at, that he thought. Bhaskar had known Vani for a few months. There were few Indians at the Texas A and M univesity (TAMU) and Indians generally got more friendly with each other here than back in India. "But what I really like about this is that I can...". "Hi...", you look serious, are you thinking about something?
"Hi..yeah", replied Bhaskar.
"So where are you going?", asked Vani
"I am headed to the ave to have lunch. What about you?"replied Bhaskar
"I am also going out there" said Vani.
Bhaskar thought Vani was acting out a bit strange, atleast a bit strange to him. Bhaskar didn't mind female company but he wasn't looking forward to it in a big way either. He had had a few unsuccessful relationships and that had left him cautious and a tad bit bitter. He wanted things to happen naturally and he definitely didn't want to force relationships. I am not despo, I got plenty of time, he thought.

To be continued....

P.S. I appreciate comments and feedback. So bring them on...

No comments: